Monday 28 December 2015

THE HIGHWAY RUNNERS.






A man was knock down on this spot recently, by a high speed car, he has a long road of recovery to make.
Despite the Lagos State government' s enforcement and campaigns, the highway runners still persist in their deadly quest to make a quick dash across the road in front of dangerous traffic.
Welcome to the Okota-cele express bus stop in Lagos State Nigeria...
The Government spent money to build this pedestrian bridge for people to cross the road in safety but some of this people don't see the need for the bridge.
Whenever we try to ask a risk taker why they prefer to face traffic danger instead of using the bridge, they just laugh or smile it off. One man said, the stairs in the ped-x bridge are too many, another said, the stress of climbing it is too difficult and wastes time.
But that little time and stress spent in climbing the bridge, might just save a life.
The worst case I have seen was a woman that crossed her 4 little kids. I held my breadth tight as she and those little kids made the cross.
When I questioned her of the danger, she just said, I am too tired to climb.
I wished the Local Council guys were around to arrest her.
Although several arrest are made, but still dose n't deter people. I  think stiffer sanctions for offenders should be applied.

No comments:

Post a Comment